Receive $40 in bill credits every year by enrolling in the Residential Peak Reduction Program.
This program provides your household the unique opportunity to save money and promote energy reliability for all Indiana Michigan Power customers. By participating, you will help reduce stress on the electric grid when demand is at its highest. When you enroll, a device is installed near your outside central air conditioning unit. During a limited number of peak demand periods, which typically occurs on the hottest days of summer, I&M will activate this device to adjust your air conditioner’s compressor to run at 50 percent cycling. During cycling events, your air conditioning system fan will continue to circulate air throughout your home. Potential temperature change during cycling events depends on a variety of factors including the temperature outside and the home’s insulation. You’ll receive:
- An $8.00 monthly bill credit for each central cooling unit controlled during the billing months of May through September every year that you participate.
- A program device installed near your outside central air conditioner. There is no additional cost for the device and installation. You do not need to be home at the time of installation.
- A program welcome packet containing a quick reference guide to answer any additional questions and refrigerator magnet.
- You must be an I&M customer living in Indiana.
- Your home must have central air conditioning in good working condition. Window and wall air conditioning units do not qualify for the program.
- You must own your home or have the property owner’s permission to participate.
Enroll on-line or call (855) 607-3788.