Transitioning to Cleaner Energy
Indiana Michigan Power does more than talk about moving to cleaner energy – we’ve already taken significant steps and have developed plans to continue the journey that leads to a greener future.
Consider that I&M:
- Operates four solar power plants in Indiana and buys energy from three Hoosier wind farms. And we plan significant expansion of renewable energy in the future.
- Generates 60 percent of our energy from emission-free sources that include solar, wind, hydro and the Cook Nuclear Plant.
- Operates vigorous energy efficiency programs that help reduce customers’ energy use – thereby reducing demand for generation of electricity.
- Closed one of our two remaining coal-fueled power plants in 2015.
- Continues to add technology to reduce emissions at the Rockport Generation Plant, I&M’s lone coal-fueled plant.